Massachusetts hospital launches $1 million quick-care unit
Boston Globe, August 21, 2008
Wareham, MA-based Tobey Hospital recently opened a $1 million ExpressCare unit, with a goal to get noncritical emergency patients in, treated, and discharged within an hour. The 70-bed hospital's emergency room usage has grown by 40% in the past 10 years, say hospital representatives. In 2007, Tobey had 28,000 emergency room visits, and this year is averaging 100 a day.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically