Massachusetts hospital launches $1 million quick-care unit
Boston Globe, August 21, 2008
Wareham, MA-based Tobey Hospital recently opened a $1 million ExpressCare unit, with a goal to get noncritical emergency patients in, treated, and discharged within an hour. The 70-bed hospital's emergency room usage has grown by 40% in the past 10 years, say hospital representatives. In 2007, Tobey had 28,000 emergency room visits, and this year is averaging 100 a day.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'