Massachusetts hospital launches $1 million quick-care unit
Boston Globe, August 21, 2008
Wareham, MA-based Tobey Hospital recently opened a $1 million ExpressCare unit, with a goal to get noncritical emergency patients in, treated, and discharged within an hour. The 70-bed hospital's emergency room usage has grown by 40% in the past 10 years, say hospital representatives. In 2007, Tobey had 28,000 emergency room visits, and this year is averaging 100 a day.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts