Ochsner Health System teams up with Luling, LA, hospital
Luling, LA-based St. Charles Parish Hospital and the Ochsner Health System have announced an affiliation designed to give residents better access to Ochsner specialists. The agreement calls for the 59-bed St. Charles Parish Hospital to maintain an open medical staff, but to allow Ochsner doctors to practice there. Ochsner CEO Patrick Quinlan said Ochsner's role in the agreement would be to recruit doctors who would live in the community and work at St. Charles. The agreement could change over time to give Ochsner a larger say in the hospital's operation, including the possibility of leasing the hospital to Ochsner, officials added.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers