Akron (OH) Children’s Hospital to expand into Youngstown area
Akron (OH) Children's Hospital is expanding into the Youngstown, OH, area to fill a void left after Tod Children's Hospital closed in 2007. A $10 million renovation is under way at the former Forum Health campus in Boardman to create a new 32-bed children's hospital, with a full-time emergency department, full-service laboratory, and inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. The facility will be called Akron Children's Hospital Mahoning Valley.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data