Neighbors fuming over UPMC smoking policy
Neighbors of UPMC St. Margaret in Aspinwall, PA, are hoping recent talks between the town's council and the hospital's leaders will bring a solution to their ongoing problem with smokers. Last year, the hospital banned smoking on its campus, which has forced smokers off-site—mainly along Delafield Road and Lexington Avenue—where they have frequently been seen discarding their cigarette butts on sidewalks or lawns.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts