CU hospital eliminating psychiatric beds
The University of Colorado Hospital plans to close its inpatient psychiatric ward in January in order to offer services to other patients, such as those in need of cancer care. The currently 18-bed unit will convert to 22 beds, which officials predict will increase admissions to about 300 annually. The hospital's outpatient psychiatric services will remain unchanged.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness