Southern Wake County, NC, pushes for hospitals
More than 40 supporters of a proposed community hospital in Holly Springs flocked to a public hearing to lobby for southern Wake County, NC. The proposal was one of a handful competing for 41 new hospital beds and four operating rooms that state regulators say fast-growing Wake County needs. WakeMed wants to build the county's first women's hospital in North Raleigh and add operating rooms at WakeMed Cary Hospital. Rex Healthcare wants to add obstetrics and surgical beds on its main Raleigh campus. Rex is also competing with the Southern Surgical Center to build an orthopedic ambulatory surgery center with four operating rooms.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised