Southern Wake County, NC, pushes for hospitals
More than 40 supporters of a proposed community hospital in Holly Springs flocked to a public hearing to lobby for southern Wake County, NC. The proposal was one of a handful competing for 41 new hospital beds and four operating rooms that state regulators say fast-growing Wake County needs. WakeMed wants to build the county's first women's hospital in North Raleigh and add operating rooms at WakeMed Cary Hospital. Rex Healthcare wants to add obstetrics and surgical beds on its main Raleigh campus. Rex is also competing with the Southern Surgical Center to build an orthopedic ambulatory surgery center with four operating rooms.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law