California counties are healthcare 'providers of last resort'
The unemployment rate is just one area that has been impacted by the nation's struggling economy. This, in turn, is making it increasingly difficult for some to get healthcare with a private practitioner. As a result, more and more are turning to county clinics, which is pushing those facilities to struggle financially, too.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- Healthcare Costs 'An Abomination' Says Senate Finance Committee Chair
- Healthcare Consolidation: M&A Not the Only Way
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing