Georgia homeowners win round in court fight vs. hospital development
Cobb County, GA, residents who sued to stop the development of a large church and small hospital near Lake Allatoona have won an important procedural battle. The Georgia Supreme Court's unanimous ruling overturns a decision by a Cobb Superior Court judge that dismissed a lawsuit contesting plans for a 65-acre tract of land. WellStar Health System proposes building doctors' offices, a diagnostic and testing center, and, eventually, a hospital on the site.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts