Florida hospital to pay in nurse case
The Ledger, November 5, 2008
Health Central Hospital in Ocoee, FL, is paying a $4,000 fine to settle a complaint that it failed to report allegations of sexual misconduct against a nurse who later was arrested in Polk County on similar charges. Nurse Kevin Laing was arrested in September 2007 on charges of having molested an Auburndale woman while she was a patient at Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center. Those charges were dropped in February because the patient had died of unrelated causes. On March 30, however, Laing pleaded no contest to an Orange County case related to the earlier sexual misconduct complaints that the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration said Health Central failed to report.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms