Florida hospital to pay in nurse case
The Ledger, November 5, 2008
Health Central Hospital in Ocoee, FL, is paying a $4,000 fine to settle a complaint that it failed to report allegations of sexual misconduct against a nurse who later was arrested in Polk County on similar charges. Nurse Kevin Laing was arrested in September 2007 on charges of having molested an Auburndale woman while she was a patient at Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center. Those charges were dropped in February because the patient had died of unrelated causes. On March 30, however, Laing pleaded no contest to an Orange County case related to the earlier sexual misconduct complaints that the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration said Health Central failed to report.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity