LifePoint Hospitals third quarter net tumbles 60% on planned sales
Brentwood, TN-based LifePoint Hospitals Inc.’s third-quarter net income slid 60% on charges related to the planned sale of two hospitals, though revenue rose and the hospital operator reduced bad-debt levels. President and Chief Executive William F. Carpenter III said LifePoint remains "well positioned with a strong balance sheet, ample liquidity and moderate leverage," as the company expands, improves services, and recruits more physicians. LifePoint reported net income of $11.4 million, or 22 cents a share, down from $28.2 million, or 49 cents a share, a year earlier.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US