Parents protest Tampa Bay, FL, doctor
Family and friends recently protested outside Tampa Bay, FL-based University Community Hospital Carrollwood waving signs and handing out flyers. The parents of 9-year-old Nicole Lang-Veru said they wanted to share their daughter's story with other families. Lang-Veru died from the flu on December 26, 2006. Her father took her to UCH, but she was released from the hospital. Now her parents are saying the doctor never should have released Nicole from the hospital.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts