Planners okay medical building for Wesley Chapel, FL, hospital
Planners have approved plans for a medical office building to be part of Wesley Chapel, FL's first hospital. The 90,000-square-foot building will be part of a three-building medical complex that will include a hospital. Hospital officials expect to start construction on the site next year, if all goes as planned. The proposed hospital is a joint venture between Adventist Health System and University Community Hospital. The two companies won state permission to build the hospital despite a challenge from Pinellas-based Baycare.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer