Aliquippa, PA, hospital shuts down abruptly
After notifitying the state Health Department that it would close immediately, Aliquippa, PA's Commonwealth Medical Center's operating license was revoked. The closure comes a week after the 96-bed facility filed for bankruptcy. The state last month forced the hospital to stop accepting new patients because it violated licensing standards and was short on essential supplies and equipment. The hospital did not meet the state's requirements to lift the ban by Dec. 1.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program