Commentary: For a healthy economy, medicine is the best stimulus
This opinion piece in The New Republic is from Jacob S. Hacker, co-director of the Center for Health, Economic, and Family Security at University of California-Berkeley. With deficit spending expected to soar in an effort to stave off an economic depression, Hacker offers the Obama Administration a strategy for getting opponents to support whatever healthcare plan he ends up proposing: Buying them off.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction