Systems make deal to run South Carolina hospital
The State, January 14, 2009
Palmetto Health and Greenville Hospital System University Medical Center have formed a new corporation to run Palmetto Health Baptist Easley, effectively making GHS a co-owner of the Pickens County, SC-based hospital. Under the recently approved plan, GHS will pay $45 million for a 50% interest in the hospital, said GHS CEO Michael Riordan. GHS also has agreed to give as much as $5 million to Baptist's foundation, he said.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts