Inova not giving up fight against plan for competing hospital in Virginia
Inova Health has mounted six legal challenges to the Virginia health commissioner's decision authorizing a 164-bed for-profit hospital in Broadlands, and it has twice sought the intervention of the state Supreme Court. Fearing that a nearby competitor would eat into its caseload, Inova has taken out newspaper ads, saturated the neighborhood with direct mail and gave at least $20,000 to a grass-roots movement that has spoken out against HCA Virginia's plan at public meetings. Loudon County's Board of Supervisors will decide on February 3 whether to allow the HCA Virginia network to build a 24-hour acute care hospital in Broadlands.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?