Health clinic in rural Maryland is at risk of folding
The public health clinic at the Nanjemoy Community Center, which serves many of Charles County, MD's most impoverished residents, will close within a few months unless the center can find sufficient funding. The executive director of Greater Baden Medical Services, which operates seven clinics in Maryland, said that its board of directors plans to close Nanjemoy Health Services, which operates out of a county-owned community center. The center is the only health clinic in the rural southwestern part of Charles County. For most residents, the next closest one is about 15 miles away.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers