South Carolina hospital partnership deal set to close in May
Greenville Hospital System University Medical System hopes to close on the Palmetto Health Baptist Easley (SC) deal by the end of May, CEO Michael Riordan told trustees. GHS and Palmetto Health recently formed a new corporation to run the Pickens County, SC, hospital. The plan calls for GHS to pay $45 million for a 50% interest in the Easley facility. GHS general counsel Joseph J. Blake Jr. said the closing date depends on whether any third-party approvals are required and whether they can be completed by May 30. The corporate structure still must be determined as well, he said.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law