South Carolina hospital partnership deal set to close in May
Greenville Hospital System University Medical System hopes to close on the Palmetto Health Baptist Easley (SC) deal by the end of May, CEO Michael Riordan told trustees. GHS and Palmetto Health recently formed a new corporation to run the Pickens County, SC, hospital. The plan calls for GHS to pay $45 million for a 50% interest in the Easley facility. GHS general counsel Joseph J. Blake Jr. said the closing date depends on whether any third-party approvals are required and whether they can be completed by May 30. The corporate structure still must be determined as well, he said.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives