South Carolina hospital partnership deal set to close in May
Greenville Hospital System University Medical System hopes to close on the Palmetto Health Baptist Easley (SC) deal by the end of May, CEO Michael Riordan told trustees. GHS and Palmetto Health recently formed a new corporation to run the Pickens County, SC, hospital. The plan calls for GHS to pay $45 million for a 50% interest in the Easley facility. GHS general counsel Joseph J. Blake Jr. said the closing date depends on whether any third-party approvals are required and whether they can be completed by May 30. The corporate structure still must be determined as well, he said.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch