Deal frees up $2 million for Louisiana hospital
The first dollars are now trickling in for construction of St. Bernard Parish's first post-Katrina hospital. Out of a $58 million cost estimate for the planned 40-bed hospital, St. Bernard's hospital service district now has an initial $2 million to move forward with preliminary designs on a 10-acre plot of land. Groundbreaking on the project is still months away, as local officials await an environmental assessment of the site. An archaeological survey may also be required because of the project's proximity to a historic site.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013