Deal could put new Northwestern hospital in Lake Forest, IL
A "Northwestern Memorial" brand hospital could rise in Lake Forest, IL, under a deal under discussion between Lake Forest Hospital and Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, which operates two large teaching hospitals in downtown Chicago. Lake Forest Hospital executives have been in merger talks with Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, parent of Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, since late last year. The talks center on Lake Forest's desire to have Northwestern Memorial commit to financing the replacement of the 67-year-old main hospital complex that houses the bulk of Lake Forest's general acute care patients.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal