Deal could put new Northwestern hospital in Lake Forest, IL
A "Northwestern Memorial" brand hospital could rise in Lake Forest, IL, under a deal under discussion between Lake Forest Hospital and Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, which operates two large teaching hospitals in downtown Chicago. Lake Forest Hospital executives have been in merger talks with Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, parent of Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, since late last year. The talks center on Lake Forest's desire to have Northwestern Memorial commit to financing the replacement of the 67-year-old main hospital complex that houses the bulk of Lake Forest's general acute care patients.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts