Deal could put new Northwestern hospital in Lake Forest, IL
A "Northwestern Memorial" brand hospital could rise in Lake Forest, IL, under a deal under discussion between Lake Forest Hospital and Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, which operates two large teaching hospitals in downtown Chicago. Lake Forest Hospital executives have been in merger talks with Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, parent of Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, since late last year. The talks center on Lake Forest's desire to have Northwestern Memorial commit to financing the replacement of the 67-year-old main hospital complex that houses the bulk of Lake Forest's general acute care patients.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers