Howard University Hospital to open free clinic for the poor
Washington Post, June 18, 2009
Washington, DC-based Howard University Hospital is offering free medical treatment for low-income uninsured patients in a new clinic on the first floor of the hospital. The New Freedmen's Clinic will be run, staffed and funded by medical students from the Howard University College of Medicine.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse