Many watching as Caritas talks with Rhode Island hospital
The financially strapped, Massachusetts-based Caritas Christi Health Care hospital system is negotiating to buy the Landmark Medical Center, a 214-bed community hospital in Woonsocket, RI, that has been in court-appointed receivership for a year. Massachusetts and Rhode Island regulators say they will take a hard look at the potential merger. Caritas Christi's board has authorized its management to move forward with negotiations, according to three healthcare industry professionals. Officials at Caritas Christi and Landmark declined to confirm that a deal is close.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts