Many watching as Caritas talks with Rhode Island hospital
The financially strapped, Massachusetts-based Caritas Christi Health Care hospital system is negotiating to buy the Landmark Medical Center, a 214-bed community hospital in Woonsocket, RI, that has been in court-appointed receivership for a year. Massachusetts and Rhode Island regulators say they will take a hard look at the potential merger. Caritas Christi's board has authorized its management to move forward with negotiations, according to three healthcare industry professionals. Officials at Caritas Christi and Landmark declined to confirm that a deal is close.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program