Washington County (IN) Memorial Hospital to file Chapter 11, stay open
Louisville Courier-Journal, June 18, 2009
Salem, IN-based Washington County Memorial Hospital has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy but will continue to operate as it reorganizes its finances. The hospital's operator, Critical Access Health Services Corp., said in a statement that it will pursue an agreement for St. Vincent Health or another company to operate the hospital. St. Vincent will provide management services during the reorganization, according to the statement.
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream