Washington County (IN) Memorial Hospital to file Chapter 11, stay open
Louisville Courier-Journal, June 18, 2009
Salem, IN-based Washington County Memorial Hospital has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy but will continue to operate as it reorganizes its finances. The hospital's operator, Critical Access Health Services Corp., said in a statement that it will pursue an agreement for St. Vincent Health or another company to operate the hospital. St. Vincent will provide management services during the reorganization, according to the statement.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL