Farmers Branch, TX, hospital doubles as showroom for vendors
Dallas Morning News, June 18, 2009
Ira Korman and his management team at the Texas Hospital for Advanced Medicine have stumbled upon a business model as vendors are eager to offer deep discounts, flexible payment plans, and immediate delivery of exclusive hospital equipment not yet available to others. Korman started a $12 million fundraising campaign for the Farmers Branch, TX, hospital based on that success.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'