California hospital finally funds $42 million expansion
San Francisco Chronicle, June 19, 2009
St. Rose Hospital of Hayward (CA) will today celebrate a $42 million expansion that it funded with a state-backed bond sale. The offering, which closed at the end of May, is the first such deal in California since the financial crisis erupted in September. Plans include a seismic retrofit, 30 new hospital beds and equipment and technology upgrades at the hospital.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%