Walgreens clinics to test diabetes treatment program
In the latest effort to expand its retail clinic business into specialized services, Walgreen Co. confirmed plans to launch a pilot program to treat the growing number of Americans with diabetes. Walgreens' Take Care clinics and CVS Caremark Corp.'s MinuteClinic subsidiary are this year rolling out specialized services that go beyond treating routine maladies. Diabetes is becoming one of the nation's top healthcare concerns and is regularly mentioned by President Barack Obama and members of Congress as a key area for improvement if medical costs are going to be kept under control.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts