Walgreens clinics to test diabetes treatment program
In the latest effort to expand its retail clinic business into specialized services, Walgreen Co. confirmed plans to launch a pilot program to treat the growing number of Americans with diabetes. Walgreens' Take Care clinics and CVS Caremark Corp.'s MinuteClinic subsidiary are this year rolling out specialized services that go beyond treating routine maladies. Diabetes is becoming one of the nation's top healthcare concerns and is regularly mentioned by President Barack Obama and members of Congress as a key area for improvement if medical costs are going to be kept under control.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes