Rhode Island hospital, Caritas can talk merger
Boston Globe, September 25, 2009
A Rhode Island judge has allowed Landmark Medical Center, a 214-bed community hospital in Woonsocket, RI, that has been in court receivership since last year, to enter into exclusive merger negotiations with Caritas Christi Health Care of Boston. The board of Caritas Christi, a chain of six Catholic hospitals, authorized management last spring to pursue negotiations with Landmark.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'