VA-based Potomac Hospital signs deal to merge
Washington Post, October 15, 2009
Potomac Hospital has executed a contract to merge with Norfolk-based Sentara Healthcare, a move hospital officials said is needed to ensure that quality healthcare remains available in Prince William County, VA. Potomac Hospital officials have been searching for a partner since February, sorting through 29 organizations before settling on Sentara. A letter of intent between the two hospitals was signed in June, and the last step is to get approval from the Virginia attorney general.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations