HMA Acquires Arkansas Hospital
Health Management Associates, Inc., has acquired the 492-bed Sparks Health System in Fort Smith, AR. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"We are very pleased to welcome the Sparks Health System, its employees and physicians to the Health Management family of hospitals," Gary Newsome, HMA's president/CEO said in a media release. "Today marks a new and exciting chapter in healthcare delivery for the Sparks Health System and the Fort Smith region."
Naples, FL-based HMA owns and operates 55 hospitals, with approximately 8,400 licensed beds, in non-urban communities located throughout the United States.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion