HMA Acquires Arkansas Hospital
Health Management Associates, Inc., has acquired the 492-bed Sparks Health System in Fort Smith, AR. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"We are very pleased to welcome the Sparks Health System, its employees and physicians to the Health Management family of hospitals," Gary Newsome, HMA's president/CEO said in a media release. "Today marks a new and exciting chapter in healthcare delivery for the Sparks Health System and the Fort Smith region."
Naples, FL-based HMA owns and operates 55 hospitals, with approximately 8,400 licensed beds, in non-urban communities located throughout the United States.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- 3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- Top 3 Health Plan Game Changers of 2013