HMA Acquires Arkansas Hospital
Health Management Associates, Inc., has acquired the 492-bed Sparks Health System in Fort Smith, AR. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"We are very pleased to welcome the Sparks Health System, its employees and physicians to the Health Management family of hospitals," Gary Newsome, HMA's president/CEO said in a media release. "Today marks a new and exciting chapter in healthcare delivery for the Sparks Health System and the Fort Smith region."
Naples, FL-based HMA owns and operates 55 hospitals, with approximately 8,400 licensed beds, in non-urban communities located throughout the United States.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- When a hospital closes
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare
- US health system among least efficient before Obamacare
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says