HMA Acquires Arkansas Hospital
Health Management Associates, Inc., has acquired the 492-bed Sparks Health System in Fort Smith, AR. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"We are very pleased to welcome the Sparks Health System, its employees and physicians to the Health Management family of hospitals," Gary Newsome, HMA's president/CEO said in a media release. "Today marks a new and exciting chapter in healthcare delivery for the Sparks Health System and the Fort Smith region."
Naples, FL-based HMA owns and operates 55 hospitals, with approximately 8,400 licensed beds, in non-urban communities located throughout the United States.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies
- 76% of Physicians Don't Like CMS Quality Reporting Programs
- How One Health System Saved $3.5M in Benefits Costs
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD