St. Joseph's Women's Hospital in Tampa Launches $75M Expansion
St. Joseph's Women's Hospital in Tampa will hold a groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday for its $75 million expansion.
The 125,000 square feet, five-story building will house the St. Joseph's Children's Hospital's Level II and Level III-licensed Neonatal ICU, which includes 64 private rooms; and the Hinks and Elaine Shimberg Breast Center, a dedicated women's imaging center with diagnostic services including CT Scanner, Ultrasound, DEXA Scan and MRI, and 24 private patient rooms.
St. Joseph's Hospitals President/CEO Isaac Mallah and Tampa Mayor Pam Iorio will take part in the midmorning groundbreaking ceremonies, which will include tours of model rooms for the expansion.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told