Del Mar Medical Clinic joins Scripps Coastal Medical Center
Scripps Coastal Medical Center is expanding its primary care presence in San Diego County (CA) again with the acquisition of Del Mar Medical Clinic in a deal that will be finalized by Sept. 1, Scripps announced today.
Del Mar Medical Clinic, a five-physician practice that specializes in family medicine, internal medicine, and pediatrics, will be the 10th Scripps Coastal location in the county, with a network that will include more than 100 physicians and offices.
The Del Mar Medical Clinic physicians—most of whom are already practicing at both Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla and Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas—and 16 employees at the clinic will become employees of Scripps Health.
"As we move to a new era in medicine with healthcare reform, it is more important than ever to work closely with our primary care physicians to meet their practice needs and support the work of our specialty physicians," said Kevin Hirsch, MD, president of Scripps Coastal Medical Group. "In their commitment to provide the best care for their patients, the physicians of Del Mar Medical Clinic will now have access to the entire Scripps Health network to provide optimum care for their patients."
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse