A breakthrough in medical transparency
Almost no one has had access to meaningful information about the quality of Las Vegas-area hospitals. Until now. The Las Vegas Sun this week launched an ongoing report about hospital care in Las Vegas. As part of a two-year investigation, Sun reporters have obtained a record of every Nevada hospital inpatient visit going back a decade — 2.9 million in all. The information, coupled with interviews with more than 150 patients and healthcare insiders, has yielded a sweeping and detailed portrait of hospital care in Las Vegas.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer