Baby born during GNGH bomb scare
While Nikolas and Peter Rigas' baby brother was entering the world at GNGH, a bomb disposal robot was headed into the hospital.
The discovery of a suspicious package – police described it as a suitcase or brief case – forced Greater Niagara General Hospital, police and firefighters to clear people out of the hospital and shut down traffic in the neighbourhood for three hours.
Hospital security called Niagara Regional Police at about 5:09 p.m., to report a suspicious package in the main entrance off Portage Rd.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules