Baby born during GNGH bomb scare
While Nikolas and Peter Rigas' baby brother was entering the world at GNGH, a bomb disposal robot was headed into the hospital.
The discovery of a suspicious package – police described it as a suitcase or brief case – forced Greater Niagara General Hospital, police and firefighters to clear people out of the hospital and shut down traffic in the neighbourhood for three hours.
Hospital security called Niagara Regional Police at about 5:09 p.m., to report a suspicious package in the main entrance off Portage Rd.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says