Baby born during GNGH bomb scare
While Nikolas and Peter Rigas' baby brother was entering the world at GNGH, a bomb disposal robot was headed into the hospital.
The discovery of a suspicious package – police described it as a suitcase or brief case – forced Greater Niagara General Hospital, police and firefighters to clear people out of the hospital and shut down traffic in the neighbourhood for three hours.
Hospital security called Niagara Regional Police at about 5:09 p.m., to report a suspicious package in the main entrance off Portage Rd.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations