Baby born during GNGH bomb scare
While Nikolas and Peter Rigas' baby brother was entering the world at GNGH, a bomb disposal robot was headed into the hospital.
The discovery of a suspicious package – police described it as a suitcase or brief case – forced Greater Niagara General Hospital, police and firefighters to clear people out of the hospital and shut down traffic in the neighbourhood for three hours.
Hospital security called Niagara Regional Police at about 5:09 p.m., to report a suspicious package in the main entrance off Portage Rd.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US