San Antonio Community Hospital implements new ER service
San Antonio Community Hospital has implemented a new service that will get emergency patients "in quicker."
The service, InQuickER, has been up and running for the past couple of weeks and is expected to benefit people with nonlife-threatening emergencies.
"It's a pretty unique service, and it's growing," said Lisa Ciccanti, director of marketing for the hospital.
InQuickER allows patients to make an appointment for the emergency room online. Although the service does not cut down the emergency room wait, it allows patients to wait in the comfort of their own homes.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- Two-Midnights Rule Spells Grim Financial Forecast for Hospitals
- Researchers Link ICD-10 Shift to Financial Losses
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High