San Antonio Community Hospital implements new ER service
San Antonio Community Hospital has implemented a new service that will get emergency patients "in quicker."
The service, InQuickER, has been up and running for the past couple of weeks and is expected to benefit people with nonlife-threatening emergencies.
"It's a pretty unique service, and it's growing," said Lisa Ciccanti, director of marketing for the hospital.
InQuickER allows patients to make an appointment for the emergency room online. Although the service does not cut down the emergency room wait, it allows patients to wait in the comfort of their own homes.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay