San Antonio Community Hospital implements new ER service
San Antonio Community Hospital has implemented a new service that will get emergency patients "in quicker."
The service, InQuickER, has been up and running for the past couple of weeks and is expected to benefit people with nonlife-threatening emergencies.
"It's a pretty unique service, and it's growing," said Lisa Ciccanti, director of marketing for the hospital.
InQuickER allows patients to make an appointment for the emergency room online. Although the service does not cut down the emergency room wait, it allows patients to wait in the comfort of their own homes.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement