San Antonio Community Hospital implements new ER service
San Antonio Community Hospital has implemented a new service that will get emergency patients "in quicker."
The service, InQuickER, has been up and running for the past couple of weeks and is expected to benefit people with nonlife-threatening emergencies.
"It's a pretty unique service, and it's growing," said Lisa Ciccanti, director of marketing for the hospital.
InQuickER allows patients to make an appointment for the emergency room online. Although the service does not cut down the emergency room wait, it allows patients to wait in the comfort of their own homes.
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- MU Slides into Summer of Discontent
- Doc Shortage 'Fix' Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen
- Hospitals Tops in Physician Benefits
- Physician Pay Increasingly Linked to Value-based Metrics
- 2015 OPPS Proposed Rule Detailed
- 4 Hot Healthcare Exec Titles; 1 Not
- Fees Lurk in Health Plans' Shift to e-Payments
- CDC Expanding Quality of Care Efforts
- Providence, Swedish Health Launch Employer-Driven ACO