Pender (NE) breaks ground for new hospital
Monday’s groundbreaking on a new hospital here'celebrated not just a new building but also the possibilities that it presents.
Officials and dignitaries beamed as they talked about the $20 million Pender Community Hospital that will soon'spring from'the soybean field just south of the current hospital.
Others who gathered to witness the historic occasion saw more than just the'first step'toward a new building. They saw their community taking a step forward as well.
“Pender strives to be a town that doesn’t fail to keep growing,” said Dana Beckman, an X-ray technician at'Pender Mercy Medical Clinic, just a couple of blocks from the hospital.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing
- Healthcare Consolidation: M&A Not the Only Way