Pender (NE) breaks ground for new hospital
Monday’s groundbreaking on a new hospital here'celebrated not just a new building but also the possibilities that it presents.
Officials and dignitaries beamed as they talked about the $20 million Pender Community Hospital that will soon'spring from'the soybean field just south of the current hospital.
Others who gathered to witness the historic occasion saw more than just the'first step'toward a new building. They saw their community taking a step forward as well.
“Pender strives to be a town that doesn’t fail to keep growing,” said Dana Beckman, an X-ray technician at'Pender Mercy Medical Clinic, just a couple of blocks from the hospital.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal