Pender (NE) breaks ground for new hospital
Monday’s groundbreaking on a new hospital here'celebrated not just a new building but also the possibilities that it presents.
Officials and dignitaries beamed as they talked about the $20 million Pender Community Hospital that will soon'spring from'the soybean field just south of the current hospital.
Others who gathered to witness the historic occasion saw more than just the'first step'toward a new building. They saw their community taking a step forward as well.
“Pender strives to be a town that doesn’t fail to keep growing,” said Dana Beckman, an X-ray technician at'Pender Mercy Medical Clinic, just a couple of blocks from the hospital.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Rules to Rein in HIX Narrow Networks Could Drive Away Payers
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver