Investigators probe death of Condell Medical Center worker
As federal safety inspectors investigated how a Prospect Heights man was crushed to death by falling lead-lined drywall at the Libertyville hospital where he worked, family members on Thursday were making arrangements for services in the northwest suburbs and burial in his native Poland.
Raymond Zalewa, 26, died Tuesday evening at Advocate Condell Medical Center, where he worked in the environmental services department, said hospital spokesman Vincent Pierri.
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges