More union drama for Nashville hospital companies
Nurses at a Pennsylvania hospital owned by Community Health Systems Inc. are planning a one-day strike next week to protest what local unions call “bad faith bargaining” by the Franklin-based hospital giant.
The Wyoming Valley Nurses Association and the Pennsylvania Association of Staff Nurses and Allied Professionals notified CHS over the weekend of its plan to strike on Dec. 23. According to the unions, nurses at Wilkes-Barre General Hospital have been working without a contract there for more than a
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal