Chicago-area hospitals jockey for position
The nation could see a year of accelerated hospital mergers, partnerships and expansions as the medical services industry braces for the coming health care overhaul, which could bring in tens of millions of new patients.
Hospitals and health facilities nationwide cumulatively are spending hundreds of millions of dollars on buildings, marketing and new partnerships to position themselves in the wake of the new law. It likely will add up to better patient care experience as hospitals enter an era of attracting new customers who will hold unprecedented new buying power, analysts say.
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- 3 NC Health Systems Form Shared Services Organization
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Hospital Pharmacies Prep for Drug Takebacks
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare