Chicago-area hospitals jockey for position
The nation could see a year of accelerated hospital mergers, partnerships and expansions as the medical services industry braces for the coming health care overhaul, which could bring in tens of millions of new patients.
Hospitals and health facilities nationwide cumulatively are spending hundreds of millions of dollars on buildings, marketing and new partnerships to position themselves in the wake of the new law. It likely will add up to better patient care experience as hospitals enter an era of attracting new customers who will hold unprecedented new buying power, analysts say.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told