Community Health Systems offer spurned
Community Health Systems Inc. chief executive Wayne T. Smith's unsolicited bid for rival Tenet Healthcare Corp. sparked surprise in the hospital industry, but also something else: deja vu.
Mr. Smith used a similarly aggressive approach three years ago when he swooped in on the last day before a deadline to grab Triad Hospitals Inc. away from a private-equity consortium. Mr. Smith's surprise $5.1 billion bid unraveled the existing deal with the private-equity firms, which were allied with Triad's then-CEO.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013