Community Health Systems offer spurned
Community Health Systems Inc. chief executive Wayne T. Smith's unsolicited bid for rival Tenet Healthcare Corp. sparked surprise in the hospital industry, but also something else: deja vu.
Mr. Smith used a similarly aggressive approach three years ago when he swooped in on the last day before a deadline to grab Triad Hospitals Inc. away from a private-equity consortium. Mr. Smith's surprise $5.1 billion bid unraveled the existing deal with the private-equity firms, which were allied with Triad's then-CEO.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients