Community Health Systems offer spurned
Community Health Systems Inc. chief executive Wayne T. Smith's unsolicited bid for rival Tenet Healthcare Corp. sparked surprise in the hospital industry, but also something else: deja vu.
Mr. Smith used a similarly aggressive approach three years ago when he swooped in on the last day before a deadline to grab Triad Hospitals Inc. away from a private-equity consortium. Mr. Smith's surprise $5.1 billion bid unraveled the existing deal with the private-equity firms, which were allied with Triad's then-CEO.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement