Community Health Systems offer spurned
Community Health Systems Inc. chief executive Wayne T. Smith's unsolicited bid for rival Tenet Healthcare Corp. sparked surprise in the hospital industry, but also something else: deja vu.
Mr. Smith used a similarly aggressive approach three years ago when he swooped in on the last day before a deadline to grab Triad Hospitals Inc. away from a private-equity consortium. Mr. Smith's surprise $5.1 billion bid unraveled the existing deal with the private-equity firms, which were allied with Triad's then-CEO.
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- 3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
- Top 3 Health Plan Game Changers of 2013
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis