Bronson’s purchase of BCHS not a done deal
During the next few weeks, Battle Creek Health System and Bronson Healthcare Group will begin the process of merging the two hospital systems. BCHS intends to sell a 51% majority stake to Bronson, based in Kalamazoo. The two organizations announced Dec. 14 they had signed a business letter of intent, but it could be several months before an agreement is reached. Until then patients, doctors, nurses and support staff wait to see how the potential acquisition will change medical care in this community.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor