Bronson’s purchase of BCHS not a done deal
During the next few weeks, Battle Creek Health System and Bronson Healthcare Group will begin the process of merging the two hospital systems. BCHS intends to sell a 51% majority stake to Bronson, based in Kalamazoo. The two organizations announced Dec. 14 they had signed a business letter of intent, but it could be several months before an agreement is reached. Until then patients, doctors, nurses and support staff wait to see how the potential acquisition will change medical care in this community.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal