Hospitals in Flathead County woo Canadian patients
Canadians who don’t want to wait several months for elective or non-emergency surgery are traveling across the border in increasing numbers to Flathead Valley hospitals ready and waiting to deliver expedient care.
Called medical tourism, the rapidly growing practice of traveling across international borders puts North Valley Hospital in Whitefish and Kalispell Regional Medical Center — both less than two hours from the Canadian border — in a good position to cater to Canadians.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- Data Collaborative Taps Predictive Analytics to Coordinate Care
- HFMA: Revenue Cycle, Reimbursements Share the Spotlight
- Physician Pay Will Soon Depend on Outcomes