Hospitals in Flathead County woo Canadian patients
Canadians who don’t want to wait several months for elective or non-emergency surgery are traveling across the border in increasing numbers to Flathead Valley hospitals ready and waiting to deliver expedient care.
Called medical tourism, the rapidly growing practice of traveling across international borders puts North Valley Hospital in Whitefish and Kalispell Regional Medical Center — both less than two hours from the Canadian border — in a good position to cater to Canadians.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations