Hospitals in Flathead County woo Canadian patients
Canadians who don’t want to wait several months for elective or non-emergency surgery are traveling across the border in increasing numbers to Flathead Valley hospitals ready and waiting to deliver expedient care.
Called medical tourism, the rapidly growing practice of traveling across international borders puts North Valley Hospital in Whitefish and Kalispell Regional Medical Center — both less than two hours from the Canadian border — in a good position to cater to Canadians.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion