Rural surgeons to get community website
The American College of Surgeons is launching a community website to support thousands of surgeons across the country that practice in sparsely populated areas. The online community, which will be made available next month, uses Within3's software platform to help health professionals in different locations connect with each other online. The website will offer a range of collaborative tools to connect surgeons, facilitate the sharing of advice, and provide updated research and other resources. Since many rural surgeons work alone, without access to leading experts at large medical institutions, this private online site will transform how they communicate with each other, regardless of geographic distances.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse