Doctor at LA clinic faces jail time for bogus cancer cures
At a humble medical clinic in Mission Hills lined with messages of Christian inspiration, patients flocked Thursday to see a beaming Dr. Christine Daniel. Few knew that the physician and ordained minister at Sonrise Medical Clinic faces up to 150 years behind bars and a $5.5 million fine after being convicted this week of federal fraud charges. All they knew was, she was the best doc they'd ever had. "She's terrific. She's fantastic. She listens. And she's Christian," said Alicia Wolfkill, 33, of Mission Hills, who brought her three young girls in for care. "She's wonderful," added Amparo Villaluazo, 48, from another room. "I trust her with my life." A federal jury in Los Angeles ruled otherwise. On Monday, Daniel was convicted of selling bogus cures to dozens of terminal cancer patients.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations