Jersey City's Christ Hospital rejects $91M purchase offer
The owner of two Hudson County hospitals, Hudson Hospital Holdco LLC, is targeting a third hospital in the county. In a letter sent to Christ Hospital CEO Peter Kelly dated Dec. 23, Hudson Hospital Holdco LLC, the parent company of Bayonne and Hoboken medical centers, made what it termed an "initial" offer of $91.6 million for the debt-ridden Jersey City hospital. The offer was quickly rejected by Christ Hospital officials, who are in the process of selling the hospital to California-based Prime Healthcare Services for $15.8 million. The terms of the sale are currently under review by the state Department of Health and Senior Services.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal