TN firm acquires 2 northeast PA hospitals
A Tennessee-based company is the new owner of two more hospitals in northeastern Pennsylvania. Community Health Systems Inc. on Tuesday announced the acquisition of the 217-bed Moses Taylor Hospital in Scranton and the 25-bed Mid-Valley Hospital in Peckville. The $152 million deal was approved by a Lackawanna County judge last month. Community Health Systems, a for-profit company based near Nashville, says its subsidiaries now control substantially all of the Moses Taylor Health Care Health System.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream