Judge delays release of Highmark-West PA affiliation
A federal judge today delayed the release of an unredacted copy of the Highmark-West Penn Allegheny Health System affiliation agreement after WPAHS attorneys asked for reconsideration of a Dec. 29 ruling that it be made publicly available. Judge Arthur J. Schwab has told WPAHS legal counsel to show attorneys for UPMC and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette the redacted portions before noon on Monday and see if the parties can agree on what portions can be unsealed. WPAHS argued the only way to truly keep doctors' earnings confidential is to keep sealed the entire portion of the agreement at issue.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line