Battle over San Leandro Hospital not yet over
Sutter Health scored a seemingly decisive victory last month in the long-running battle over the future of San Leandro Hospital. Sutter has plans to shutter its ER and convert the hospital from an acute care emergency service facility to an acute rehabilitation center. Critics of the plan say closing the ER means San Leandro residents will have to travel out of town during medical emergencies. The Eden Township Healthcare District sued Sutter over the plan.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives