Battle over San Leandro Hospital not yet over
Sutter Health scored a seemingly decisive victory last month in the long-running battle over the future of San Leandro Hospital. Sutter has plans to shutter its ER and convert the hospital from an acute care emergency service facility to an acute rehabilitation center. Critics of the plan say closing the ER means San Leandro residents will have to travel out of town during medical emergencies. The Eden Township Healthcare District sued Sutter over the plan.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts