NH: A state at war with its hospitals
Tuesday is not just primary day in New Hampshire, it was also when the State Supreme Court heard arguments in the case of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center vs. Nicholas Toumpas; Toumpas being the commissioner of New Hampshire’s Department of Health and Human Services. New Hampshire Hospital Association (NHHA) represents 26 member hospitals, and 10 of those are currently engaged in the federal lawsuit regarding DSH, as in Disproportionate Share Hospital of reimbursement. Elsewhere, it's come to be known as Mediscam.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US