Hospital errors could become public under proposed new MO rules
Proposed new state rules could make it possible for some serious hospital mishaps or errors to become public record. The proposed Medicaid rules would require Missouri hospitals to report such problems involving Medicaid patients to the state agency overseeing the insurance program for low-income patients. A spokesman for the Missouri Hospital Association said the proposed change could eventually make those adverse events involving Medicaid patients more transparent.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor